Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Trinity

Trinity - Elizabeth Nelson Okay, so this is going to be a sort of round-about review.

I read the book on its own, without really looking into other reviews.

I didn't mind the story. It wasn't a great book, but it was readable. I enjoyed Lazlo's dedication to Trinity, but I really felt that the whole blackmail plot should have been more of the focus of the story.

The blackmail, which is kind of important to Trinity's character and the decisions she makes, doesn't even really get a mention at all until nearly the end of the story. It felt like a complete waste to me. The resolution was pretty anti-climactic, on top of that.

Still, my original rating for the story was three stars.

...and then I *did* go and look at the other reviews.

The blurb for this book is the exact same blurb for a book called [b:Billionaire Bodyguard|17200816|Billionaire Bodyguard (Billionaire Bodyguard, #1)|Kristi Avalon|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1357235039s/17200816.jpg|23676118], by [a:Kristi Avalon|6868709|Kristi Avalon|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1361579626p2/6868709.jpg], except with the character names changed out.

Trinity (April 2013) -
Trinity Collins knows she shouldn't mix business with pleasure, especially when she's running from her past. Even after a one-night-stand with her sexy boss, she resists his attempts to further their personal and business relationship.

Billionaire CEO Laszlo Csatary is used to getting what he wants - and he wants the future with Trinity that she keeps denying him. When Trinity reveals she's pregnant with his child, and a dangerous threat targets her and the baby, Laszlo discovers just how far he's willing to go to protect the future and family he can't live without.

Billionaire Bodyguard (December 2012) -
Allison Dupree knows she shouldn't mix business with pleasure, especially when she's running from her past. Even after a one-night-stand with her sexy boss, she resists his attempts to further their personal and business relationship.

Billionaire CEO Logan Stone is used to getting what he wants - and he wants the future with Allison that she keeps denying him. When Allison reveals she's pregnant with his child, and a dangerous threat targets her and the baby, Logan discovers just how far he's willing to go to protect the future and family he can't live without.

I haven't read Billionaire Bodyguard, so I can't say whether or not Trinity's text was lifted from the other book, but the copy/paste job with the synopsis just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

With that in mind, three stars didn't seem fair, so I adjusted my rating accordingly.