Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Driven to Date

Driven to Date - Susan Hatler I'm so glad that these books don't require you to read the series in order to understand what's going on, because I am all sorts of insane with the reading order. I read the sixth one a while ago, and then this one was free one day, so I snatched it up, too. I don't think I even realized that they were the same series until I went to start this one. I wasn't really paying that much attention.

Jill was a mix of adorable and infuriating - her dedication to whatever she set her sights on was admirable, but when it came to her love life, something just happened that killed any sort of take-charge initiative she usually had. She became a soppy, undecided mess.

I did love the romance between her and Ryan, though. I just wish she wouldn't have been so off-and-on with how she felt about him. One second she'd be head over heels, the next she'd be thinking about how someone told her he was a playboy, and she'd completely back off. The process had to be repeated four or five times before she finally decided to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Her job in the law firm, as well as her passion for helping the homeless were actually important to the story, rather than tacked on traits to give her some personality as a character. It was fun watching her apply herself to every single aspect of her life, whether it was work, her hobby, or just trying to relax. She was so micromanaging about meeting her "fun" quota for the week, it was amusing to watch.

I really want some sushi now, though. With lots of wasabi. Sighs.