Maki

The Divide
Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Taming a Bear: Not Your Average Fox: BBW Shifter Romance (Red Moon Seduction)

Taming a Bear: Not Your Average Fox: BBW Shifter Romance (Red Moon Seduction) - Stella Bryce Most of this story was just a constant back and forth of, "Anna loved him, but he cheated on her, how can she still feel like this around him???" and "Matt didn't really cheat on her, he had to lie to protect her because he's really a secret agent, but Anna won't listen to what he has to say!"

Repeat that for a good seventy five percent of the book, and then throw in a couple of sex scenes, and you're done.

There were some side characters in the story, but they weren't really important.

Anna's dating a hawk who wants more of a relationship than she's willing to give him, but he just sort of vanishes about halfway through the story. The last time he's seen, he's pushing for Anna to spend the red moon with him, but then he never gets mentioned again.

The whole break up between Anna and Matt happened because she thought he was sleeping with a rabbit named Bunny St. James (you will have this name memorized with how often Anna uses the entire thing as a curse word), and Bunny has this eeeeevil plot to trap Matt in the police station with her for the red moon, when the shifters are driven by animal instinct to mate...except Matt's brother claims her instead, and she's perfectly fine with that, despite putting all this effort into getting Matt.

It made me think a lot of [b:Like a Fox|18370001|Like a Fox (Ridgeville, #7)|Celia Kyle|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377327220s/18370001.jpg|25979196] - they read like they're in the same series. Except they're not.