Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Claimed by the Elven King: Part One

Claimed by the Elven King: Part One - Cristina Rayne I don't even know where to start.

Should I start with the fact that the elf king is possibly also a vampire? It's never really made clear, he just sort of bites her, and then licks her blood off his lips, and she assumes he's also a vampire or something.

How about the fact that she's kidnapped in the middle of the night, and forced to have sex with the vampire elf king? The only option he offers her is whether or not she wants to remember having sex with him. There is no saying "No", despite the fact that she has no idea what's going on, and was kidnapped.

Or how about the fact that he has her kidnapped because he needs a human mate to make babies? That's why she gets kidnapped - to be a baby factory. He's already married, but because elves have become more and more infertile over time, and there hasn't been an elven child born in over 500 years, they need to breed with humans in order to keep their bloodlines going.

Except then there's some sort of soul mate telepathic connection thing going on between the vampire elf king and the main character, which starts to kind of get explained, but then someone walks in on them having hot vampire elf sex, and Part One ends.