Maki

The Divide
Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Book Waitress (Book 1, The Book Waitress Series)

The Book Waitress (Book 1, The Book Waitress Series) - Deena Remiel Maybe it's the Lovecraft fan in me speaking, but what's not to love about secret sacrificial cults?

All-in-all, it wasn't a bad book. I wish more plot-lines would have been tied up. Like John and Betina. But, I suppose there's two more books in the series, so there's plenty of time to get to them. Though what plot *is* covered in this book feels a bit rushed. The main character is on the island for all of three days before the climax of the story is reached. It wasn't too fast to follow, but I feel like the story could have taken a bit more time to set everything up. Even the romance aspect of the book feels rushed. Slow down there, book. You've got time.

I loved the metaphor that gave the book its title. A librarian being a waitress who serves people books instead of food...I thought it was a cute comparison.