Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

How to Speak Dragonese

How to Speak Dragonese - Cressida Cowell The third book was definitely more interesting than the second one.

Hiccup AND Fishlegs actually stood up against the tyranny of Snotlout, which was really satisfying considering how utterly obnoxious and downright violent Snotlout's becoming.

Stoik actually listened to Hiccup's advice this time, instead of just yelling at things.

Hiccup and Toothless also had their first really touching scene, where it felt like they were friends instead of just being master and pet. It was only a few sentences, but it was really sweet.

There was also finally a female main character! Only for about half the book, sure, but it was nice to see a girl Viking kick a bit of butt alongside everyone else. (Also, I am terribly immature and giggling at Big-Boobied Bertha killing an elk with her boobs.)

I had to fight a lot of giggles in this book, actually. Not as much because of the writing, but because my first instinct was to repeatedly make The Life of Brian references. Especially during the arena scene.

You have no idea how hard it was for me to not start referring to Mr. Skinny Roman as "Biggus Dickus". But, I prevailed.