Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Vampire from Hell: The Beginning

The Vampire from Hell: The Beginning - Ally Thomas I knew what I was getting into when I first saw the name of this book.

For starters, as an explanation, it's not so much a book as the start of a story drawn out over five books. Part 1 here just gives you the prologue of the story, as well as a sample from books 2 - 3.

As for the story itself...I supposed I'd be a bit more inclined to thinking of it as a novel idea if I hadn't already read Bloodlines and Wolf Pact by Melissa de la Cruz. I had heard so much about how it was such an original idea...a vampire being the daughter of the devil, and joining forces with the angels and a hellhound to defeat her father. No...I've never seen that premise before.

The style the story is written in is fairly interesting...it's supposed to be a series of blog posts by the vampire chick. And it's not TERRIBLE writing. A few lines made me chuckle. I'm just kinda getting tired of reading books about vampire girls who are really Lucifer's daughter.

Also trying to figure out why "God" and "Jesus" were shortened to "G" and "J". I just couldn't take it seriously.

So, all in all, not a bad book...but not a very good one, either.