Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Reunion: A Search for Ancestors

Reunion: A Search for Ancestors - Ryan Littrell I got this book for free off Amazon, and decided to read it because I've got an interest in genealogy. Most of my family is gone now, and we were constantly moving around when I was a kid because my father was in the army, so I never got to grow up hearing stories about our family. The most interesting thing I know is that one of my great uncles died on the toilet, eating ice cream.

My husband, on the other hand, spent years working on his genealogy, and can trace his family all the way back to Adam. I'm incredibly jealous...I don't even know my great-grandparents' names, or where they came from.

I was a bit worried that this book would be a bit on the tedious side - it IS someone just talking about their family for an entire book, after all. But the investigative footwork was split with the actual history of the MacDonald clan, which kept things interesting. By the end, I was anxious to see what Littrell's search would turn up.

There were a few parts where the story got bogged down by the sheer volume of information being given, and I had to force myself to read through. But there was always something more interesting on the other end.