Maki

The Divide
Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Kyoto in the Momoyama period (The Centers of civilization series)

Kyoto in the Momoyama period (The Centers of civilization series) - Wendell Cole I find a lot of my books through second-hand book stores. It helps that I live in a city that has one every other block. I picked this book up because I was curious about the history of other cultures. I was fairly well-versed in UK/European history, but realized I knew next to nothing about Asian history.

...I also like really old books, and the copy I found was in such wonderful condition.

If you haven't had any prior experience with Asian culture and terms, you might be a bit confused just reading this book straight through.

The Momoyama Period was 1573 - 1615. It ended the Warring States period, with the establishment of the Tokugawa shogunate.

To be honest, I read this book a few years ago, and don't remember it all that well. I just figured I should write something about it, because I noticed that it wasn't on Goodreads.