Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Hopeless Magic

Hopeless Magic - Rachel Higginson Wow. This book was exactly what I expected it to be, until the final 50 pages or so. And then, the entire thing changed dramatically. The best plot twists are the ones you never see coming.

There were also less mistakes this time around. Though there was one point where Eden introduced herself as Eden St. Andrews. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a typo, and was supposed to be "Matthews", or if she really introduced herself that way. Because if she really did say her last name was St. Andrews, then she brought the ending of this book on herself, and I have no pity for the girl.

Eden was still incredibly whiny throughout the book, until the ending, when she suddenly grew a pair. I hope this means she'll be a lot more assertive in the third book! Good for her! I just hope she gets a bit smarter, too. There was a lot she should have been able to figure out that she didn't. If she had actually listened to people, a lot of pain could have been avoided. But, I guess that's what the book needed to happen for her to actually make a decision.

The best part of this book was definitely the plot twist. I was having fun reading it up to that point, but once the ending started unfolding, the book got so much cooler. I actually flinched while I was reading it.

Now, I'm on to book three!