Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Fearless Magic

Fearless Magic - Rachel Higginson *spoilers!* No, Eden does not stop whining. I want to like her as a character, I really do. But the constant whining...it might not even be so bad if "whine" wasn't the word used to describe her complaints every single time. I'm not exaggerating that, either. It was seriously used every time she voiced some sort of complaint.

The love-triangle trap Eden's fallen into irks me, too. That's just a pet-peeve of mine, though. I don't like stories that try to draw out the drama by just throwing in more love interest. It is NOT dramatic. It's annoying.

It was good to see some of the other characters being developed. Talbott, Lilly, Sebastian, and the Resistance...they all grew into characters you can connect with, characters you actually cared about. Which makes it a shame that the same can't be said for Eden. I felt sorrier for Kiran than I ever did for her. It's probably not a good thing when the book leaves you sympathizing with the villain.

There were, once again, fewer typos in this book than in the previous one. I only saw two or three. So, that was an improvement!

Well, I'm nearing the final book...let's see how all of this ends.