Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Beneath the Willow

Beneath the Willow - Jeremy Asher I found this book for free on Amazon, but didn't realize until after I'd already gotten it that it was a sequel. It was a little confusing, going through it without knowing what happened in the first book, but there's enough back story given to kind of fill you in on Jesse and Sarah's history.

I was surprised by how much I liked this book - I expected it to be just another romance story, but there was more to it than just the romantic relationships. Each character meant something different to each other, and each one was an important part of the story. While the book followed the perspective of three different characters (Jesse, Sarah, and Robbie), each change contributed something towards the final outcome.

The ending caught me completely off-guard. There's sort of a fake-out in the middle of the book, where you think that the story could go ahead and end, but two chapters later it's basically right back where it left off. And then it continues to a point of absolute insanity and despair. And then it gets better.

Having read this one, I can only imagine how frustrating the ending of the first book must have been!