Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Warrior's Soul

The Warrior's Soul - James Calbraith The second book in the Year of the Dragon series picks up where the first one left off. Our heroes must leave on a journey to find Bran's dragon, and Sato's father. There's also a lot of political intrigue going on...a lot more than I had expected from a fantasy series.

Because this book doesn't have to set up the entire world like the first one did, there's a lot more Japanese culture that comes through. That was a lot of fun to read.

I should maybe have reread the first book before I started this one - I grabbed the entire set as a deal on Amazon, and decided to finally sit down and finish the series. I got a bit lost in the sea of names. The main characters are easy. But I had to think back and remind myself who Dylan was before I figured out what exactly was going on when the POV changed.

On to book three!