Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Islands in the Mist

The Islands in the Mist - James Calbraith There's even more Japanese folklore in the third book than there was in the second one. (Tengu!!!) The plot is also clipping along nicely. Each book progressively gets faster, and more exciting.

Nagomi definitely grew a lot in this book. Before, she's just sort of been there on the sidelines, but she actually did things in Islands in the Mist. It was good to see her realize that she could be useful, after all.

Again though, I probably should have caught myself back up on Shadow of Black Wings. It took me forever to remember who Wulf was. He had such a small part in the first book, I almost didn't remember him at all. The only reason I did, in the end, was because I thought, "Wait...wasn't he the one who went all dragon-form on Bran?"

And dragon form! There was more dragon form! I thank you, Mr. Calbraith...I see that you did, in fact, do more with it later on. As promised.

On to the last book. I can't wait to see how everything wraps up.