Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Book of Riddles

The Book of Riddles - Anonymous This book was very, very short. I think there were only ten or so riddles in there. It took me a minute and a half to read the entire book. (Six pages. That's how long Amazon says this book is.)

But, I knew that this was an older, shorter book. The entire thing was pretty much what you'd expect from a collection of riddles from the 18th/19th century. I can't find an exact date of publication, but that time-frame feels about right, given the subject-matter of the riddles.

The only real problem I had with this book was with the formatting. The way each riddle is laid out, the first thing your eyes are drawn to is the answer, because of how it's off-set from the rest of the type. Or at least, that's what kept happening to me. Although, to be fair, the riddles are pretty straight-forward, and you probably don't even need the answers printed below to know what it's talking about.

This would be a good choice if you're just looking for a quick, older-world read. If you're in it for the riddles, you'd probably be happier getting a more modern book.