Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

The Peach Keeper

The Peach Keeper - Sarah Addison Allen While The Peach Keeper didn't have as much magical realism behind it as some of Sarah Addison Allen's other books, I still enjoyed reading it. This was a very sad, yet very heart-warming story about loss, friendship, and growing into who you are.

The characters were all cute. Even the crotchety grandma. The story even managed to balance the two separate love stories so that one never really out-weighed the other in importance or romance. Both relationships were nearly wrapped up by the end of the story - you aren't told what choices everyone ends up making, but you're left with a dream of the possibilities that lie before them.

I loved how all of the various story lines eventually came together, until by the ending, it was all the same story. The romance, the slowly budding friendships, the gala, the grandmothers, the club, and the murder...everything is set in place for a reason.

My only real complaint is that this book seriously made me want some coffee. Why must you taunt me with things I'm not allowed to have, Peach Keeper? Why?