Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Lost Gold & Buried Treasure

Lost Gold & Buried Treasure - Kevin D. Randle I'm not sure why it took me so long to remember this particular book. My father made me read it back when he was still obsessed with stumbling across buried treasure, or otherwise "striking it rich" - an ideology composed by his refusal to work, and the fact that we lived in a state ripe with legends of lost or abandoned gold mines. He had me take detailed notes on each story and location, and even joked about heading out to look for a few of them, maybe finding someone who'd put money into making a TV show based on the premise. At least, I hope he was joking about that...

Despite it being assigned to me as a project by my bipolar father, this was a decent read. The stories aren't just the legends and rumors behind the lost treasures, but actually include pictures, dates and facts. Well, a good number of them, anyway.

Of course, this book was written by the same man who made a career out of writing about alien conspiracy theories, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

If nothing else, Lost Gold & Buried Treasure has some great stories of people who hid away money, and either forgot where exactly they put it, or died before they could get back to it.