Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Boxed Set: Rocked by a Billionaire

Boxed Set: Rocked by a Billionaire - Lisa Swann This set is a 50 Shades clone about a woman who lives in Paris, and falls in love with a rich guy who's into light BDSM.

...wait a second. Didn't I already review this book?

No, Rocked by a Billionaire's a different set from [b:Boxed Set: A Possessive Billionaire - Vol. 1-3: His, Body and Soul|22087685|Boxed Set A Possessive Billionaire - Vol. 1-3 His, Body and Soul|Olivia Dean|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1400089685s/22087685.jpg|41427918].

THIS 50 Shades clone is about a woman named Lisa, who starts off going to college in Paris, but spends most of the story working for a French law firm that's merging with an American firm based in New York.

Much like A Possessive Billionaire, Rocked by a Billionaire has many scenes reminiscent of 50 Shades of Grey. Hold on, let me check my notes...I swear, I read three books in a single day that were all basically the exact same thing. I had to write down what each one was about to keep them straight.

So okay, according to my notes, Rocked by a Billionaire includes: Lisa going on a business trip to New York with her boss (despite not being high enough in company standings to actually belong on the trip), a blonde receptionist who works for Sacha, a miniature art gallery in Sacha's office, a romantic ride in Sacha's personal helicopter (that he flies), and an abusive family history for Sacha. His past is incredibly similar to Christian's, except it actually made Sacha man up, where it scarred Christian for life.

The dialogue in this book was strangely formatted. For the first quarter or so of the book, everything was normal, and then out of nowhere, conversations started looking like this:

- I like women in heels. They shouldn't wear anything else, he said.
- Go to hell, asshole! I punched him in the face, hearing his nose crunch with a satisfying sound.

Yes, the heels line is something Sacha actually said. No, that is not how Lisa responded. I may have inserted myself into that example. Just a bit.

Near the end, the dialogue suddenly jumps back to looking normal. It was fairly distracting, and just weird to read.

I'm also still trying to figure out how Lisa got her cellphone back. In one scene, she throws it against the wall and breaks it because she's pissed off at Sacha. (She spends a good portion of the book being pissed at Sacha.) She goes to the airport, flies to Hong Kong, goes directly to Sacha's hotel room...and then somehow magically has her cellphone back, despite not going outside, or telling Sacha that she needed a new phone.

It seems like a weird thing to focus on, but that was the only thing in the book that really kept my interest - Lisa's magical cellphone regeneration powers.