Maki

Elizabeth Kay
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

His Island Bride

His Island Bride - Shadonna Richards If I didn't know any better, I would say that this book hadn't originally been written in English. The writing was just all *sorts* of awkward.

Her family didn't know what to think of her luck with men and even suggested "if you could just lose a little weight then maybe..." Yes, maybe, maybe...if she were more attractive meaning skinny in their eyes!

And, I mean, it would be one thing if it were only the occasional sentence that was oddly written, but no. Most of the book was just weird to read.

She was sure the average person didn't know if horses could swim or not. Maybe she was the only one who didn't know it.

She really hoped they would not contact her now to force her into marry Mr. nameless aristocrat who was looking for a trophy bride who happened to have a teeny drop of aristocratic blood way down in her family tree, so she'd recently learned.

"Out? With her partner? Oh, no this could not be, I will have to put a stop to this once and for all. She is to marry someone else and that's that!"

Otherwise, this book is about what you would expect from a regency romance set in modern times, with WAAAAAY too many convenient plot points.

This book is best enjoyed if you take your suspension of disbelief, and throw it out the window.